Sunday, June 7, 2009

2 week update

We'll I apologize for not updating in such a long time. I would be lying if I told you I had
"too much on my plate" or "I've haven't been to my computer much" or "I have been running from the law."

Last week I started discipleship with a friend from Houma, and he is a really cool guy. The first thing I noticed is his humble attitude and his willingness to serve and he always has a motorcycle. This is the foundation of what true leadership is (except the motorbike part, any 2 wheeled machine will do), something that has taken me too long to realize.
I was looking through some letters from my Wales mission experience, and I came across one line from a friend. It said to get rid of man's view on leadership which is all about manipulation and position.
Good stuff.

And also a good friend of mine, Rachel, left for South Korea last week.
Before she left, I prayed that there team would come together as one. And from the looks of it, that prayer is being answered. I also told her that extra deodorant would be a good idea, cause once you eat enough kimchi you start to smell like it :)

Oh yea, and next week I'll be playing at a 4 day revival down da bayou, I'll let you know how that goes!

Until next time!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

yea so... I'm sorry to say that I did NOT head your advice about the extra deoderant. I've only seen it in stores one time over here and it was pretty expensive!