Monday, May 31, 2010

I am George this is my Jungle

Pass Spanish, Graduate, pack my life, say the goodbyes, prepare the NSU Vancouver team, logistics, airplane, little sleep. This past 2 months have been hurricane season for me.

But I see the clouds parting a bit, that liquid sunshine turns to real sunshine.
Life here is sweet. I'd rather be tired, feet hurting, exhausted mentally spiritually and staying true to the path of Father. I've spent too long at ease and comfort, outside of the path.

But I've made it to Vancouver. So many people asked me if I'm excited, and it's hard to say...
Yes I love the city and SFU, yes I'm learning the culture, yes it does remind me of my Homeland (HK). All reasons to be excited.
But when I think of some of the best albums I've ever heard, They've tended to grow on me.
On first listen, it wasn't current or catchy or full of hooks.
More like a 80% (fair-trade) cocoa chocolate, subtle, deep, and rich.

I hope this city grows on me, and that makes it exciting.
I am George this is my jungle.

0 comments: