Friday, January 15, 2010

Denver City Disaster

I was supposed to be back in Thibodaux last night, but I'm still stuck in Denver.
Some bozo in Seattle didn't fuel the airplane correctly, causing us to sit on the tarmac for 2 hrs.
We finally get to Denver, but my flight to N.O. already left. I end up spending the night.

And guess what happens the next morning: I'm late for my flight.
I take off running, but something doesn't feel right.
It felt like I was running in slow motion, like I was under water.
And then I feel like my lungs sticking and my heart saying, "no."
Then I remember, this is the MILE high city. Great. Just great.

It was like I was a young lad working at Glorieta Conference Center in New Mexico again.
You see, where I lived and where I worked was a good quarter
mile trek followed by, "The Stair Case."
48 steps of pure high altitude hell.
And what made things worse was when I was late to work, which was almost always the case.

So in the end, I was drenched with sweat, feeling like an old man, and I miss my flight by mere minutes. So 10 hours from now, I'll finally be on a plane back to home.

where I spent most the day vegging out:


FISH!

(this has nothing to do with this post)

0 comments: