Monday, January 11, 2010

Insite or Insight?

So here I am, eating a bagel-turkey sandwich. It's a tall sandwich, with lots of layers.
What makes it even more special is this really nice chipotle mustard.
This city is kinda like this sandwich, lots of layers. It's like a small voice that's calling me to peer deeper.

And
I'm slowly learning about this city. There are so many textures:
metropolis, forest, ocean, bay, slums, university's, koi ponds, fish
market, indie shops, vintage hat store, hills, bridges, skyline, and
lots of escalators. It's like I'm a kid again running my hand through
rows and rows of clothes. Each finger feeling a different texture.
Today we passed by East Hastings: the poorest zip code in North
America. Drug use is rampant. People were dying left and right in back
allies from drug overdose. Many felt the government needed to step in
and do something. So, they did. By opening up a place where drug users
can safely use drugs, the facility provides clean needles and nurses
for supervision. Don't believe me? Click here


I'm praying that the spirit would give me insight onsight. Jesus eyes to see the need and spirit ears to hear the call. There is much darkness here, where does He want us to be?

Lastly, for now, this city seems to sell virtually anything you could think of in the most odd places.

Like at this market for kids.


which sold:




More tomorrow, see you soon.

0 comments: