Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Morning

What a beautiful day. Yea I know.... the sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky, temperate weather, a welcomed cool breeze, yada yada.

But more importantly the New Orleans Saints are one win away from their first Superbowl. YES!
What a way to start off the week. And today everything good just felt a little bit more gooder and you could even taste the faint sweetness of "who dat" in the air.

Starting this winter break, I've decided to take upon some disciplines for this semester:

1. keep it simple. Focus on a few things, and do those things well. Relationships, personal ministry, and spiritual growth.
2. Be assertive in saying, "No." Not because I'm lazy, mean, or busy. Don't be distracted from the prize.
3. My anthem statement: Be urgent with the legacy that I want to leave behind.
4. I will no longer spend late nights at the office. 5pm cut off time
5. cooking at home more = healthy living = feeling better about myself
6. be a better blogger

Just like Paul says in 1 Cor. 9:25, "I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body...." to literally pummel oneself into submission. Why? So that I may run the race with focus and determination to win the prize. The task handed to me from Christ.

0 comments: