Friday, January 8, 2010

Leggo my Ego

Okay, I've made it to Vancouver. And I'm finally in a warm house, with my host family.
Great people, easy going.

I've been traveling for 16 hrs. and running on 3 hours sleep.
So here are my quick observations from the day bullet style:

-I haven't been around this many Asians in years
-I went to a meeting here's what it looked like: 4 Canadians, 3 Chinese, 1 Korean, 2 Iranians
-Crossing the border was surprisingly terrifying
-Seattle = beautiful dreary city
-it feels good to shower off a days worth of travel
-there are no ego's here. Humble followers.
-Thibodaux is colder.
-we met a crazy sad girl in the subway, she told us her life story in 5 minutes.
-Tommorow we will be watching a Curling Match
-50% of this city is Atheist
-This is unlike any city I've ever been to. A mix between Toronto, LA, Hong Kong, and Koln.
-My brain feels like overstuffed luggage. And my friend here keeps shoving city facts into my head
-Bus ride from Seattle to Vancouver: 4 Hours 7 minutes 48 secs

-The best way to protect yourself from.............



















-sword wielding Arabs?

1 comments:

Rachel said...

so much excitement!