Saturday, January 30, 2010

Keep yo' head up

I'm at a crossroads. Kind of with my future career. I know I'm ready to go.
But where? Vancouver, Hands-On, Jman?
And it's tough being in this place. The place of not knowing.

I remember hearing a friend talk about how she was scared about her next step in life. But I never quite understood her, because at the time I was the guy who had his future all mapped out.
But then that all came crashing down this winter. And here I am now.

Not knowing.

But, you know what? I kinda like it here.
Not literally here, as in the town Thibodaux.
I mean right here in my spiritual journey of not knowing, in taking it one step at a time.
Resting in Fathers hands, with no worries.
It's actually quite freeing and calming. Like a tree planted by the streams.
Calm. Cool. At peace.

Maybe that's what Father is trying to remind me?
That a lamp only illuminates that very next step. That's it.
That the Red Sea parted one step at a time.

And pride happens when I think I'm better than God at planning my life, or more accurately, fooling myself into believing I'm better at planning my own steps.
C.S. Lewis talked about this pride and how prideful men cannot see God because they are always looking down on people and things. And if they are always looking down they can't see God above them.

0 comments: