Monday, January 11, 2010

Is that..... kimchi?

1 day.
3 churches.
All you can eat sushi till 11:30pm.
Meeting new brothers.
Can there be anything better than this?

We got to praise with Cantonese, Korean, and university congregations today.
And it was honestly the most church I've ever had in 1 day.
But the Korean church made one of the stronger impressions on me today.
When I walked into the church, I smelled something funny, kinda sour, and musty.
My friend said it was the "spirit" doing His work.
Then I realized it was the smell of kimchi. But even more strange, these people smelled like kimchi. That doesn't mean I love them any less.
Met some really great people their and hope to spend more time with them when we come back.
But please, no more kimchi breakfast fellowships. Or kimchi chili cookoffs.
Kimchi served along-side the Lord's supper. Or kimchi air-freshener.

We also traveled to University of British Columbia, a school that draws likeness to Berkley and Yale. On our way their we drove down a gorgeous neighborhood:




and saw this Hobbit house for sale:



Guess how much it's selling for...... ok ready?
$2.7 million. Now you can pick your jaw up off the table.

I'm gaining a better view on how our M-team will best fit in here. It's about us seeing where
Father is working, kneeling down and joining Him at work.
Dang... I just want our team to see their own untapped potential. To really become the men
and women of the King and become the movers and shakers of there generation.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

YES kimchi! bring on the kimchi!!