Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I guess this is that emo I promised.....

Remember than scene in James Cameron's, "Titanic", of that slowly sinking, Goliath of a ship?
And we see Leonardo Dicaprio's character running through waste deep water trying to find
ya girl so they can escape? Remember that?

As a kid I watched that scene and an uneasy feeling of despair welled up in me.
The feeling was claustrophobic. So much despair. And I always wondered what would I do to find a way out. To escape.

Well, that uneasiness come bubbling to the surface again, but I was in no theater.
And there was no popcorn.

It happen when I walked through the administration buildings at school today.
I was there taking care of my graduation stuff in Talbot Hall.
This is the kinda place that has dim lighting, depressing artwork,
and a "were going no where" mentality.
All this added to the feeling of the walls closing in, an inch at a time.
Maybe I was just having one of those days..... or maybe this place really is a sinking ship.

But what ever reason, I know that my time here is coming to a close.
That subtle whisper to go and discover new cities is now blaring in surround sound.
I can't ignore it, I just can't...... but I must press on and finish my race here.
And finish strong.

0 comments: